When considering a student/staff partnership project, the following may be useful to you:
- As a Project Instigator you will be responsible for submitting the project idea and selecting the team, including Student Partner applicants for your project. It is possible to have more than one Project Instigator per project, and collaborative student-staff submissions are encouraged! It is important to highlight that a Project Instigator is not the “manager” or “leader” of the partnership project.
- The submission addresses a current need or challenge which impacts the CIT community (e.g. a cohort of CIT students and/or staff).
- The scope is appropriate for the project to be completed within approximately 13 weeks where possible, taking into consideration the size of the team and the level of student engagement (their max. contact hours per week is usually 2 hours). Please be aware that engaging in authentic partnership and create a balanced team takes time.
- The project is not too well defined, and is flexible regarding the project methods and outcomes, to enable all members of the team (including new partners) to contribute to the intellectual design and take joint ownership of the project.
How we can help:
- Discussion of your project idea/guidance on project outcomes.
- Recruitment of student partners
- Facilitation/Coordination of your first team meeting and support of team activities.
- Guidance on best practice for staff/student partnership activities.
If you'd like to start a conversation on a staff/student partnership project, please contact email@example.com