At AnSEO - the Student Engagement Office, we strive to contribute to the evidence base which informs and supports decision-making in the discipline of Student Engagement. We also actively engage in current national and international discussions on the development of Student Engagement theory and practice.
- Casey, D., Fairclough, I., Perisic, V., Carey, W., Smith, A. (2022), Facing Challenges in Remote Mathematics Education and Support by building a Community of Practice around Student-Staff Partnership, MSOR Connections 20(1).
- Murphy, R., Casey, D.,Crowley, J. (2022), Raising awareness of dyscalculia to support teaching and learning, AHEAD Conference 2022: Safe Heaven or Stormy Port?.
- O Sullivan, L., Casey D., Crowley J. (2022), Asynchronous online mathematics learning support: an exploration of interaction data to inform future provision, Restarting the new normal: Teaching Mathematics and its Applications.
Hurley, M. (2022). Toward an embedded model of Learning Development, ALDinHE Conference 2022 (Northampton).
- O’Sullivan, L., Casey, D. and Crowley, J. (2021), Asynchronous online mathematics learning support: an exploration of interaction data to inform future provision. Teaching Mathematics and its Applications: An International Journal of the IMA, 40(4), 317-331.
- Carey, W. and Hatano, C. (2021), 'Will you come to BALI with us?' : Building Assessment Literacy Initiative (BALI) - developing Assessment and Feedback resources through student-staff partnerships, Irish Conference on Engaging Pedagogy (Dublin)
- Carey, W., Casey D., Perisic V., Fairclough I., and Smith A. (2021), Meeting Challenges in Remote Mathematics Education and Support by building a Community of Practice around Student-Staff Partnership, CETL-MSOR Conference (Coventry)
- Casey, D. and Murphy L. (2021), Combining Mathematics and Coaching to support student transition to Higher Education Mathematics, European First Year Experience Conference (Aarhus)
- Hatano, C. and Carey, W. (2021), Building Assessment Literacy Initiative: A Student/Staff Partnership Project, Advance HE Ireland Symposium.
- Casey, D. (2020), Emergency Pivot to online Academic Learning Support: Crisis or Opportunity?. All Ireland Journal of Higher Education, 12(3).
- Bermingham, M. (2020), All Students Matter, Every Student Counts: Student Engagement, Progression, and Success: An Institutional approach, Ireland's Education Yearbook
- O'Grady, R., Bermingham, M. , Hatano, C. (2020), 'Student Engagement Guides for Higher Education Staff', National Student Engagement Programme (NSTEP).
- Carey, W., Casey, D., Fairclough, I., Perisic, V. and Smith, A. (2020), Opening up while locking down, RAISE Partnership SIG 2020 (Chester)
- Hurley, M. and Mitchell, K. (2020), Can Problem-based learning facilitate the transition to Irish Higher Education for non-EU pre-undergraduate learners?, Opening Up Education: Options, Obstacles and Opportunities, ESAI Annual Conference (Dublin)
- O'Grady, R., Bermingham, M., Hatano, C. (2020), Using StudentSurvey.ie to enhance the Student Experience, StudentSurvey.ie Practitioners Forum 2020 Webinar 1 - Make an Impact: What has StudentSurvey.ie ever done for you(r students)?
- Murphy, L. and Hatano,C. (2019, 16 August), Advice from First Years, Independent.ie
- Bermingham, M. (2019, 16 August), It's easy to fall behind - don't let it happen to you, Independent.ie
- Bermingham, M (2019). Transitions to CIT Programme: Building Student Engagement and Belonging for Academic Success, European First Year Experience Conference (Cork).
- Murphy, J. and Murphy, L. (2019), Taking control of my experience: a multi-stage, in-class profiling questionnaire informing an institution-wide coaching model, European First Year Experience Conference (Cork).
- Casey, D. and Murphy L. (2019), Combining Mathematics and Coaching to encourage Student Success in Repeat Exams, Learning Connections Conference (University College Cork).
- Crowley, J. (2019), Strength in Numbers - Maths community of practice tackle a key problem area for students, European First Year Experience Conference (Cork).
- Moran, L. (2019), Good Start - CIT's first year student inductio programme is created with students, for students!, European First Year Experience Conference (Cork).
- Bermingham, M. and Ó Ceilleachair, R. (2019), A case study on Cork Institute of Technology & EDelia Coaching Certificate in Coaching, EMCC Global Provider Summit (London).
- O'Grady, R., Bermingham, M., Hatano, C. (2019), Leading a National Project on Staff Roles and Capacity Building responsible for the development of quick guides for staff on Student Engagement, NStEP Conference (Dublin).