APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING ARE NOW OPEN
The Transitions to CIT fund has been available in CIT since 2013/14 and in that time we have funded in excess of 200 projects that focus on enhancing transitions to CIT for all students.
The following provides examples of Transitions to CIT Projects showcased at the recent European First Year Experience Conference, held in Cork, from 17-19 June 2019 but many more can be found here:
What are the objectives of the fund?
While most projects address particular concerns of individual departments with regard to enhancing the new first year transition, projects with a focus on other key student transition points are welcomed. These might include students transitioning:
- Into second, third or final year of their studies
- From undergraduate to postgraduate study
- From periods of work placement back to full time study
- From employment into full-time or part-time study.
Who should apply?
Any individual staff member or team (academic, technical, administrative) who would like to develop an idea or project related to the transitions experienced during the student life cycle.
What types of project are suitable?
Some examples of types of suitable projects include;
- Development of School/department specific Student Guides to Success: webpages, hardcopy, usb keys etc.
- Staff / student relationship building events.
- Social induction/ icebreaking activities/ meet and greet events with first year academic staff and later year students.
- Academic Induction seminars.
- Role model seminars.
- A Faculty/ school based social media welcome campaign.
- First year notice boards and first year team profiles.
- Competitions and prizes.
- Collaborative events with Good Start team.
Where can I get ideas and inspiration?
Looking for ideas? Please review the following sites:
- AnSEO's showcase of previous Transition to CIT projects
- Advance HE projects, resources and ways you can connect with student retention and success in higher education
- Other higher education institutes:
- Prof Margaret Price – Developing Assessment literacy in students (Conversations on Teaching and Learning Summer Programme 2017)
Is there anyone I can talk to informally before applying?
If you have any queries or would like to discuss your application prior to submitting, particularly if this is your first time in applying, then you can contact:
- Róisín O’Grady, AnSEO at Ext. 5395 or email@example.com