Who we are
We are experienced, friendly and approachable professionals with combined qualifications and backgrounds in psychology, counselling, coaching and career guidance. We have years of experience working with students and understand the opportunities and challenges you may encounter. To book a coaching session with Louise, Joe or Marian please click here.
Meet your Coaches by clicking here
What ACADEMIC SUCCESS COACHING is...
Open to all students in CIT, Academic Success Coaching aims to support your successful progression towards your degree.
Academic Success Coaching partners with you to:
- build on your experiences of learning to reach your potential.
- develop strategies and skills to improve your academic performance.
- identify your academic goals and challenges.
Our sessions with students often involve:
- Self-awareness - facilitating conversations so you can identify your goals, motivation, strengths and purpose
- Time-management techniques - how to balance study with other responsibilities such as work, sporting commitments etc.
- Study strategies and skills - how to study effectively and take useful notes
- Exploring organisational skills
- Identifying and linking you to other useful CIT resources and/or supports
Academic Success Coaching is free and open to all students… so it is for you! You can book a session here.
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as ‘partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential’ (ICF, 2012).
The European Mentoring and Coaching Council defines coaching (and mentoring) as ‘activities within the area of professional and personal development…to help clients…see and test alternative ways for improvement of competence, decision making and enhancement of quality of life…with the purpose of serving the clients to improve their performance or enhance their personal development or both…’ (EMCC, 2011).