Who we are
We are experienced, friendly and approachable professionals with combined qualifications and backgrounds in psychology, counselling, coaching and career guidance. We have years of experience working with students and understand the challenges you may encounter.
here to help you
If you would like to talk about how you’re finding your course and identify some solutions to obstacles or issues you are encountering, please make contact with us to arrange a meeting. Together we can figure out how to manage your concerns and develop a realistic plan that works for you. Fill out the contact form here.
What ACADEMIC SUCCESS COACHING is...
Academic Success Coaching, in CIT, aims to support your successful progression towards your degree, help you stay on track with your learning and meet the new challenges of studying in third level education, whether you are in First Year or Second, Third or Fourth Year.
Academic Success Coaching works with you to:
- help build on your experiences of learning to reach your potential.
- develop strategies and skills to help you improve your academic performance.
- identify your academic goals and challenges.
Our meetings with students often involve:
- Self-awareness - helping you to identify your goals, motivation, strengths and purpose
- Time-management techniques - how to balance study with other responsibilities such as work, sporting commitments etc.
- Study strategies and skills - how to study effectively and take useful notes
- Better organisational skills
- General moral support and reassurance
- Identify and link you to other useful CIT resources and/or supports
Academic Success Coaching is free and open to all students… so it is for you! You can book a session here.
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as ‘partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential’ (ICF, 2012).
The European Mentoring and Coaching Council defines coaching (and mentoring) as ‘activities within the area of professional and personal development…to help clients…see and test alternative ways for improvement of competence, decision making and enhancement of quality of life…with the purpose of serving the clients to improve their performance or enhance their personal development or both…’ (EMCC, 2011).