Free and open to all MTU Cork students, Writing and Assessment Support at the Academic Learning Centre works with you to develop effective strategies you can apply to your specific writing tasks and needs. In a meeting with a writing tutor, you set the agenda, and can let us know which aspects of your writing you would like to discuss.
Some of the stages of the writing process that you may like to speak to us about include, but are not limited to:
- Task/brief analysis;
- Research, referencing and referencing tools;
- Integration of evidence through paraphrase or summary;
- Text structure;
- Coherence, text progression and flow;
- Strong introductions and conclusions;
- Conventions of writing in your field or discipline
[Our focus is on the key skills for writing at university, but also on partnering with you to develop transferable skills and competences you can use beyond your studies in your professional life.]
Bookings for our 30 minute meeting slots are open now and can be made through our booking calendars here. We look forward to working with you!