Benefits for PALS Leaders
- Certified CIT PALS Support Training*
- Gain excellent experience to add to your CV
- Attend extra training courses provided by AnSEO (Student Engagement Office) annually. These courses enable you to improve on existing skills
- Enhanced employability skills applicable to the workforce such as leadership, communication skills and teamwork
- Provide invaluable support to a first year students starting a new education chapter in CIT
- Network and become friends with fellow PALS mentors
- Receive a promotional PALS hoodie
* PALS provides leaders and mentors with certified training recognised both by CIT and by the National Centre for PASS/SI University of Lund, Sweden.
Qualities of a PALS leader:
- Confidence and enthusiasm
- Ability to engage and interact with students.
- Sociability and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Kind and helpful to new CIT student
- Benefits of being a PALS leader/mentor
We are not recruiting PALS Leaders at the moment, recruitment will begin again in Semester 2.
PALS AWARDS COLLEGE RECOGNITION FROM CIT
The Business and Humanities Awards Evening took place on November, 2nd 2015. This awards ceremony is an annual occasion in the CIT conferring calendar. On this occasion the Head of Business and Humanities Mr Gerard O Donovan invited the PALS Study Leaders: Ciara Meere, John Collins, Erika Kotliuba, Niamh O Leary, Aoife Ryan and Christine Walsh to be presented with their certificates in recognition of their role as PALS Study Leaders in the PALS Pilot within Business. These students were the first PALS Study Leaders in CIT and Business.