Thinking of leaving/deferring
Making the decision to withdraw or defer your course is an important one. To ensure that your decision is as stress-free as possible, all students are encouraged to speak to either a member of their teaching team or their Head of Department, or a member of the Careers Service or an Academic Success Coach before formalising their decision.
I would like to withdraw from my course.
- Students who wish to withdraw need to complete a Course Withdrawal Form. This is also available from the Admissions Office in the Admin Building.
- The date upon which you withdraw affects whether or not you are entitled to a partial refund of fees (Note: 31st October and 28th February are a particularly important dates).
- There may also be implications for the charges if you choose to return to third level education in the future.
- Please contact the Fees department to discuss your particular circumstances: Tel: 021 4335440, or email email@example.com
I would like to defer my classes:
- To apply for a deferral for 2017/2018 Academic Year, a Deferral Application Form must be completed and returned to the CIT Admissions office by 31st October 2017.